Christmas Pinwheel Wrap
Looking for a healthy holiday recipe that is festive and delicious? Then look no further than our Christmas Pinwheel Wraps! It’s colorful and jam packed with some of your favorite veggies. Try it out at your Christmas party or include it as part of your meal prep for a delicious workday snack! A special shoutout to Silvia for making this wonderful holiday treat for us.
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- ¾ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ cup Toby’s Lite Tofu
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Spread Toby’s Tofu Spread & Dip on each tortilla.
- Add about half of the rest of the ingredients to each tortilla, roll up and slice into ¾” pieces.
- Do the same for the second wrap and place on a plate, in the shape of a tree.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
These Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms, made with Toby’s Tofu Spreads, are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for the holidays! Our friend Silvia made these Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach, Toby’s Lite Tofu Spread & Dip topped with whole wheat breadcrumbs. Get the full recipe below or here on Silvia’s blog: www.thetinyavocado.com These are a perfect side dish for any Vegan Thanksgiving, fall spread, or potlucks.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 mushrooms
- ¾ cup Toby’s Lite Tofu Spread
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- 1.5 cups packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms carefully under running water or with a damp paper towel. Gently break stems off. Cut off the bottom part of the stem and chop the rest very finely.
- In a large skillet, heat oil under medium heat. Add garlic, chopped mushroom stems, paprika and cayenne powder. Cook for 3 minutes then add tofu and spinach. Cook for another minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the tofu mix and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cook for a minute or two.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Most American Deviled Eggs by Fresh Chef Nikki
This patriotic treat is brought to you by Fresh Chef Nikki! We’d thought we’d let Nikki speak for herself about this delicious recipe, read and enjoy!
Nikki: “As you may know, I’m a huge fan of eggs in all forms and frequently post food photos featuring eggs. I thought I’d make the most American deviled eggs, ever. Hence, these came about. This screams America. I used your Jalapeño Ranch dressing, and it was the perfect addition to the stuffing of the eggs! I absolutely love your product!”
- 3 medium white potatoes
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp truffle salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Toby’s Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 9 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 15 drops red and blue food coloring dye
- 1 cup boiling water + 1 tsp vinegar
- Divide boiling water and vinegar evenly into 2 separate Tupperware that can loosely fit 3 eggs each.
- Add 15 drops blue coloring to one container, and 15 drops red coloring to the other and stir.
- Add 3 eggs into each container and toss around with a spoon.
- Frequently roll eggs around to evenly coat with the coloring, let soak for about 10 minutes. Run eggs under cold water, and pat dry. Cut all eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- To make the filling, bring a medium pot of water with potatoes to a boil, cover, and cook for about 15-20 minutes until fully cooked through. Remove from heat and water and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, chop up bacon into as small of pieces as possible, then fry in 1 tsp olive oil until browned and crispy. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon fat for later, and reserve 1/3 of the bacon bits for the garnish.
- Once the potatoes have completely cooled, peel the skin and dice into small cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Add bacon bits, reserved bacon fat, 3 tbsp. chives, shredded cheese, truffle salt, black pepper, and Toby’s Jalapeño Ranch dressing. Combine all ingredients and set aside. Stuff the eggs with the potato salad, and garnish with remaining bacon bits, chives, and of course, an American flag!