The big game is this weekend! We’ve been busy in the kitchen testing out perfect recipes for the day. While we’re still a little bitter about the Seahawks loss, we’ll still be watching for at least the commercials. And of course, probably most importantly, we’ll be there for all the delicious finger foods, like these Loaded Smashed Potatoes.
Loaded baked potatoes are a classic dish but they weren’t quite the finger food we were looking for. Instead, we scaled it down to create the perfect, bite-sized appetizer: Loaded Smashed Potatoes! And what goes better with baked potatoes or smashed potatoes than Toby’s Ranch? Nothing.
This game day appetizer has all of the flavor of a loaded baked potato in just one little bite. Top it off with Toby’s Ranch Dressing there is nothing better! Loaded Smashed Potatoes are simple to make and perfect for any game day watch party.
Loaded Smashed Potatoes with Toby’s Ranch Dressing
Loaded Smashed Potatoes have all the goodness of a loaded baked potato in bite-size form. Slathered in Toby’s Ranch Dressing – you can’t really do any better. These are easy to make and perfect for any game day appetizer. Cook them up this weekend for the Super Bowl or all season.
- 1 pound new potatoes (about 8-10)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chives, chopped
- Bacon (optional, omit for veggie-friendly version)
- Toby’s Ranch Dressing
- Start by boiling your potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and place onto a greased (with olive oil) baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes using the bottom of a cup or with a potato masher.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cheddar cheese.
- Place pan under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and plate. Top with chives and crumbled bacon (optional) and drizzle with Toby’s Ranch Dressing.
Keep checking our blog and Facebook page for more awesome game day-themed recipes!