Sweet potatoes offer a little more nutrition than your standard white potato, so we thought we’d try a twist on your regular tater tot. With an abundance of sweet potatoes laying around the kitchen we thought we would get creative and whip up a batch of some homemade Sweet Potato Tots!
Since these are oven-baked Sweet Potato Tots, you’re skimming down on all that extra oil and fat, so you could say they’re better for you, too. And, easier than dealing with all that deep fryer mess and hassle!
These tots are easy enough that to make them as an after school snack for your kiddos, prep in advance for game day watch parties, or whenever you’re feeling like some yummy tots! After baking, you could also freeze them in batches and just toss into the oven – cook for slightly longer when reheating.
Sweet Potato Tots with Toby’s Lite Ranch Dressing
These sweet potato tots are an easy snack to throw together and absolutely irresistible when paired with and of Toby’s Ranch flavors (Regular, Lite or Jalapeño). Sometimes all you need is a little ranch & sweet potatoes – especially during game day watch parties!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Add the peeled sweet potatoes to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until just slightly softened (this makes them easier to grate). Drain and cool until you’re able to handle them.
- Grate the cooled sweet potatoes with a cheese grater or in a food processor with the grating blade.
- Combine the shredded potato and egg in a medium bowl. Add flour, salt, paprika and garlic powder and stir until just combined.
- Form the potato mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, turning the tots every 5 minutes to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Plate and serve with Toby’s Lite Ranch Dressing or other Toby’s Ranch of choice!