Toby’s Family Foods is a fiercely independent, family-owned, and mission driven business. We are a growing, multi-regional producer of quality salad dressings, tofu spreads, and organic juices, teas and smoothies.
We are currently recruiting for a high energy, experienced sales professional to join our team as the Northern California Sales Representative. The NCA sales rep will join our sales team and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our distribution and account partners. Sales reps are accountable for managing sales and merchandising activities and lead the day-to-day sales activities. Most importantly, the sales rep will keep Genesis and Toby’s top of mind with distributors and stores.
As our NCA sales rep, you will also participate in creating a region sales plan, managing store and distributor relationships, and calling on stores. This position requires strong leadership, communication, organization, flexibility, and interpersonal skills. Maintaining open communication with the central office, based in Springfield, Oregon, is a must.
What else you’ll be doing:
- Maintain route frequency and develop sales plans to grow retail sales.
- Educate, assist and inform retailer managers and their team about Toby’s and Genesis products, promotional events and programs through regular visits and educational tours.
- Maintain schematic integrity or better and re-merchandise to retailer-mandated schematic compliance on all store calls as applicable.
- Record in-store conditions pre/post service call to reflect positive merchandising impact.
- Assist/participate in retailers re-sets and or re-merchandising projects as needed including grand openings/re-models as requested by retailer.
- Interact with consumers at shelf to secure brand loyalty of product lines by distributing coupons and consumer-specific marketing materials.
- Identify opportunities for marketing or sales support with key accounts.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in the natural/organic channel with strong preference to candidates with experience in the refrigerated/perishable category.
- A proven track record of sales experience & achievement.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills — both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, and PowerPoint), Google Apps, and customer management and routing programs.
- Possessing a reliable car, and willing to work long and flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with main office.
- Able to lift and carry cases approximately 25-50 lbs.
- Must have problem-solving attitude and a drive to build relationships with key partners, distributors and retailers.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive starting base salary plus incentives, depending on skills & experience
- Mileage reimbursement and expense account
- Paid time off
- Opportunity for advancement and to shape the future of Toby’s for someone that excels in an independent working situation
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: sales AT tobysfamilyfoods DOT com